Latest News From The Park

FCSP Awarded Southern Maryland Heritage Areas Consortium Grant

Mt. Aventine West WingFriends of Chapman State Park was awarded a grant from Southern Maryland Heritage Areas Consortium to create a visitor’s display about the history and architecture of the west wing of Mount Aventine, the oldest part of the mansion. This wing, which was constructed as a free standing building circa 1810, is the last dressed stone structure in Charles County that predates the Civil War and is possibly the only example of its kind in southern Maryland.